It seems that English football is still trying to gather its courage after the amazing defeat of Manchester United by Liverpool last weekend, and another round of action is already waiting for us.
Of course, Eric ten Hag’s men will be desperate to recover and are expected to do so against a struggling Southampton while Liverpool are keen to ensure that the incredible 7-0 win isn’t just a flash.
For United, most of their hopes will be on Marcus Rashford, who can rise to where only the Red Devils’ two stars used to be if he scores against the Saints.
Elsewhere, Erling Haaland and Harry Kane have their own scoring feats that they will strive to achieve.
In anticipation of the action, you can test your knowledge with Stats Perform’s Opta Quiz…
All seven of @LFKgoals against Manchester United! pic.twitter.com/Exy09BSJiL
— Premier League (@premierleague) March 8, 2023
1. Erling Haaland scored his first Premier League hat-trick the last time Manchester City played Crystal Palace. If he repeats his feat this weekend, he will become only the second player in Premier League history to score a home-and-away treble against the same team in the same season. Who did it first in 2007-08?
2. Harry Kane is two goals away from scoring 20 Premier League goals in a season for the sixth time, which only two players have managed. Who are they?
3. Mohamed Salah leads Liverpool in goals, assists and chances created this season in the Premier League. Only one other club has a player topping the charts in all three categories: what team is it and who is the player?
4. Danny Ings will be looking to score for his former club Aston Villa this weekend, having already scored for them in the league this season. The last time someone scored for the same team in the 2017-18 Premier League season, but which player are you talking about?
5. Marcus Rashford is in contention to score in his eighth straight home league game this weekend. Who are the only two players to achieve this for a club in the Premier League era?
Let’s continue, @Marcus Rashford #MUFC || #UEL https://t.co/Pvd8uNmOAw pic.twitter.com/9SdKf8nWYw
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) March 9, 2023
1. Emmanuel Adebayor vs Derby County
2. Sergio Aguero (6) and Alan Shearer (7)
3. Leicester City, James Maddison
4. Henrikh Mkhitaryan, for and against Manchester United
5. Wayne Rooney (8 from December 2009 to March 2010) and Cristiano Ronaldo (10 from March to November 2008)