Benfica’s Enzo Fernandez played for Argentina during their triumphant World Cup campaign, fueling rumors of a January transfer.
The 21-year-old was rewarded for his efforts by being named the best young player of the tournament.
Fernandes joined Benfica from River Plate just last year, signing a five-year contract that expires in 2027.
MAIN STORY – CHELSEA TO CONVINCE BENFICA IN THE FERNANDES DEAL
World Cup sensation Enzo Fernandez agreed to join Chelseawith the Premier League club’s next move to convince Benfica to sell him, Metro claims.
Fabrizio Romano reveals the Blues have started transfer talks with the Portuguese club and it is said the move could cost £105m due to the release clause.
Benfica have shown little intention of selling Fernandez, and Chelsea already have a back-up plan in case the move doesn’t materialize in the form of another Argentinian, the Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder. Alexis Mac Allisteraccording to The Times.
– ESPN claims RealMadrid are ready to shell out more than 100 million euros for the Borussia Dortmund midfielder. Jude Bellinghamwho is also persecuted Liverpool .
– Barcelona and Newcastle United interested in Chelsea midfielder Jorginhobut he wants to reunite Naples when his contract with the Blues expires at the end of this season, La Repubblica claims. Chelsea also reportedly offered him a new deal.
– Manchester beaten Newcastle to the signature of 19-year-old midfielder Veles Sarsfield Maximo Perronereports Team Talk.
– says Gianluca di Marzio. Milan Interested in short-term move for Chelsea goalkeeper Edward Mendy amid ongoing injury problems, number one Mike Menian.
says the Daily Mail. Wolves let the Mexican go ahead Raul Jimenez relegated in January if they manage to find another striker.
– Unai Emery Aston Villa interested in Udinese striker Gerard Deulofeaccording to 90 min.