Home News La liga Real Madrid Joins Barcelona-Negreira Lawsuit as Laporta Maintains Innocence

Real Madrid Joins Barcelona-Negreira Lawsuit as Laporta Maintains Innocence

0

Real Madrid are ready to appear in any trial related to the complaint filed by the Spanish prosecutor’s office against Barcelona.

Last month, broadcaster SER Catalunya claimed that Barça paid 1.4 million euros to the company of José María Enríquez Negreira – the former vice president of Spain’s Technical Committee of Referees (CTA) – between 2016 and 2018.

El Pais newspaper claimed that Negreira’s company – DASNIL 95 SL – produced written reports and judges’ scores on DVD before the games.

Prosecutors said Friday that Spanish prosecutors have filed a complaint against Barcelona and its two former presidents, Josep Maria Bartomeu and Sandro Rosella, over alleged payments. The total amount of payments since 2001 is said to have exceeded 7 million euros.

The saga may end up being decided in court, although that’s not certain at this stage. The Madrid board met on Sunday and expressed “extreme concern at the seriousness of the facts.”

Real Madrid said in a statement: “At its meeting today, the Board of Directors of Real Madrid Football Club examined the serious allegations made by the Barcelona prosecutors against Barcelona, ​​its two former presidents, Josep María Bartomeu and Sandro Rosell, and the management. Albert Soler and Oscar Grau based on alleged sporting corruption offenses, including those related to the club’s relationship with former CTA Vice President José María Enríquez Negreira.

Real Madrid would like to express its utmost concern at the seriousness of the facts and reiterate its confidence in the legal system. The club has agreed that, in defense of its legal rights, it will appear in court when the judge opens it to the affected parties.”

Current Barcelona President Joan Laporta attempted to reassure fans on Twitter on Sunday, writing: “Coolers (Barcelona fans) you can rest easy. Barça are innocent of the allegations leveled against them and have been the victim of a campaign now involving everyone to damage their honour.

“It is not surprising and we will defend Barça and prove that the club is innocent. Many will be forced to reform.”

NO COMMENTS

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Exit mobile version