Premier League Forecast: Is Chelsea’s Performance Set to Disappoint Arsenal with Manchester City’s Title Victory Imminent?

    If Manchester City were looking for a big win over Arsenal on Wednesday, they got it.

    City beat the Premier League leaders 4-1 at the Etihad Stadium to close the gap to the Gunners to two points, with Pep Guardiola’s team still two games in hand.

    The defending champions will play again on Sunday with a trip to Fulham on the cards. Arsenal, meanwhile, are next in the game on Tuesday when they take on a struggling Chelsea who have lost every game under interim boss Frank Lampard.

    At the other end of the table, Leicester City will face Everton with a six-point elimination. In the race for Europe, Tottenham go to Liverpool.

    Fulham – Manchester City

    City have won their last 13 meetings against Fulham in all competitions, winning only Watford (15 – 2013-2022) and West Bromwich Albion (14 – 2012-2018) in their history.

    Erling Haaland has scored 33 Premier League goals for Manchester City this season, the most in a 38-game season. He is one step away from equaling the single-season combined record set by Andrew Cole in 1993-94 and repeated by Alan Shearer in 1994-95 (34 goals) in 42-game campaigns. This will be his 30th appearance in the competition, with 33 goals already scored by more than 21 teams in their first 30 Premier League games.

    Pep Guardiola has won 25 of his 38 Premier League away games against London sides, the highest win rate of any guest manager who has managed at least 10 such games (66%). All eight of his defeats in the capital came either to Tottenham (five) or to Chelsea (three).

    The best bet is City to avoid defeat: Fulham have not won their last 15 Premier League meetings against City (D3 L12) since a 3-1 away win in April 2009. They lost the last 10 meetings in a row with a total score of 28:4.

    Long-range shot – Fulham will not play: Fulham have kept only one clean sheet in 29 Premier League matches against City, a goalless draw in March 2004.

    Opta-prediction: City, as expected, were the big favorites (64.8%). A draw is estimated at 21.9% and Fulham’s chances of winning are 13.3%.

    Liverpool – Tottenham

    Liverpool have only lost one of their last 20 Premier League matches against Spurs (W13 D6) and are 10 unbeaten since a 4-1 defeat at Wembley Stadium in October 2017.

    Tottenham are unbeaten in five Premier League away matches, having lost as many games (three) in this series as they had in the previous 16 away matches before (W8 D5). This is their longest streak without an away win in the championship with 12 streaks from February to November 2019.

    Liverpool have won their last three Premier League matches despite losing each one. They last won four games in a row in November and December earlier this season, also missing out on all four wins.

    Best bet – Mohamed Salah to score or assist: Salah has scored 11 goals in his last eight home matches in all competitions (eight goals, three assists), scoring at least once in each of the last six. Since he joined Liverpool in 2017, no player has scored more Premier League goals against Tottenham than the Egyptian (seven).

    Long shot – Liverpool under 1.5 goals: Tottenham have conceded 31 Premier League away goals this season, already their most in a single campaign since 2008/09 (35). They have kept only two league clean sheets outside London this season, having done so in wins over Nottingham Forest (2-0) and Brighton & Hove Albion (1-0).

    Opta-prediction: The supercomputer gives Liverpool a 55.2% chance of winning this match, while Spurs are given just 20.0%. A draw has a 24.8% chance.

    Leicester City – Everton

    After a 2-0 win at Goodison Park in November, Leicester are looking to complete the Premier League double over Everton for just the second time, having previously done so in their 2015/16 league campaign.

    Everton have won their last two Premier League away games against Leicester – they have never won three consecutive visits to the Foxes in their league history.

    Dean Smith won four and went undefeated in six Premier League games against Everton, winning three of four at home against the Toffees. Only Antonio Conte (seventh) has met Everton more, never losing to them as a manager in a competition.

    Best prediction – Leicester concede: Despite Everton’s deplorable form in front of the net this season, they should be sure to get on the scoresheet, given that Leicester have conceded in each of their last 18 Premier League games, their longest streak together without dry results in the competition.

    Long shot – Everton win: Everton are unbeaten in their last 12 Premier League away matches (D5 L7). Since beating Brighton 2-0 in August 2021, they have only won two of their last 33 away league matches (D10 L21).

    Opta-prediction: Everton won this match last season but Opta doesn’t give them much of a chance to repeat the feat on Monday. Their chances of winning are estimated at just 21.8% and 26.3% for a draw, making Leicester (51.9%) the clear favorite.

    Arsenal – Chelsea

    Arsenal have won four of their last five Premier League matches against Chelsea (L1), the same number as in the previous 23 against the Blues (D6 L13).

    The Gunners are looking to win three consecutive Premier League matches against Chelsea for the first time since February 2004. Indeed, they can achieve their second league double in three seasons against the Blues, having done so only once in the previous 20 campaigns (2003). -04).

    Chelsea have lost all five matches in all competitions since Lampard returned to the club, their worst losing streak since a six-game run in October and November 1993. In total, the Blues have lost 19 games this season, most recently 20 in a single campaign. in 1987-88

    Best bet – Bukayo Saka 2+ shots on target: Saka has been directly involved in 16 goals in 16 Premier League home games this season (9 goals, 7 assists). This season he has scored and provided an assist in three different games at the Emirates Stadium.

    Long-range kick – Arsenal not to score: Only Southampton have kept fewer clean sheets at home this season than Arsenal (three). However, the Gunners have failed to score just one of their 16 matches at the Emirates this season (0-0 against Newcastle United in January).

    Opta-prediction: Arsenal have had a hesitation that could cost them dearly in a title run, but they will be determined to bounce back. Opta makes them favorites (43.5%) and Chelsea 28.2%. A draw is valued at 28.3 percent.

    Related articles


    Leave a Reply

    Share article

    Latest articles