Manchester United and Chelsea target Victor Osimhen has reportedly refused to rule out a move into the next transfer window, though the Napoli star is focused on delivering trophies until then.
Osimhen scored 18 goals to help Napoli reach 15 points at the Serie A summit – only Manchester City’s Erling Haaland (26) has surpassed him in Europe’s top five leagues this season.
The Nigeria international scored for a seventh consecutive league game in Sassuolo’s 3-0 win against Napoli last week and his stunning form has reportedly attracted Premier League fans.
United and Chelsea are credited with interest in Osimhen, who Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has said is not for sale.
Helping the Partenopies win the Scudetto for the first time since Diego Maradona, the striker left the door ajar for a move at the end of the campaign.
“When you’re doing this well, you’re being watched by the best clubs around the world, mostly from the top five leagues,” Osimhen told ESPN.
“Being able to attract interest from these top clubs shows that I am doing well and gives me the motivation to do even more for myself and my team.
“But right now my focus is on Napoli and they have the final say. I just want to help my team win matches and win trophies.
“At the end of the season we will see what happens, but it is not up to me. The decision is up to the club.
On Tuesday, Napoli travel to Eintracht Frankfurt to play the first leg of the Champions League round of 16, scoring 20 goals in the group stage of the tournament, although only one of them scored Osimhen.