More

    Monaco boss Clement confirms Badiashile deal has been struck

    Benoît Badiachille is on the verge of leaving Monaco after a deal was struck with Chelsea, Philippe Clement has suggested.

    Sunday reports said the 21-year-old was on the verge of a move to the Blues.

    Badiashile did not participate as Monaco defeated Brest in Ligue 1, with manager Clément confirming that an agreement had been reached between the clubs.

    Clement revealed that no agreement had been reached between Chelsea and Badiashile, although he indicated that the defender would proceed with the transfer.

    “I can say that Benoit Badiashile was with us at the hotel this morning,” he told reporters.

    “At that moment, I was contacted by our directors who told me that there was an agreement between Monaco and another team, this is a team that I know Benoit is interested in, but there is no agreement with him.”

    Clement explained that he had made the decision to keep Badiashile in the game against Brest.

    “After that, our managers asked me if he could leave today or not. It was my choice. I spoke with Benoit and he wanted to be close to the team,” he added.

    “But I have sometimes been in situations like him. I think that when there is an agreement with the team you are interested in, you are not included in the game by 200 percent.

    “With a player who has given everything for us over the past few months, seasons, for the club, who has always been positive, who has always been a fighter, who has always been there for us.

    “It was a normal decision for me to say that he can go and talk to the club today in this situation where there is an agreement between the clubs.”

    Chelsea drew 1-1 against Nottingham Forest on Sunday, with Graham Potter unable to provide an update on Badiashile’s transfer after that match.

    Related articles

    Comments

    Leave a Reply

    Share article

    Latest articles