More

    LaLiga News: Aguero will release Wednesday amid retirement reports, Barça confirms

    Sergio Aguero will deliver a statement on his future this Wednesday after the Argentine striker decided to retire due to a heart problem.

    The 33-year-old hasn’t played since being substituted against Deportivo Alaves in late October when Aguero was hospitalized with a chest discomfort.

    Sergi Barjuan, interim coach at the time, said Aguero had told him he felt “a little dizzy”.

    The former Manchester City player was subsequently banned for at least three months to undergo a “diagnostic and therapeutic process”.

    At the time, Barca said that “the effectiveness of the treatment will be assessed in order to determine its recovery process”, but there have been rumors in the media since then that Aguero has decided to retire.

    Coach Xavi denied such reports a month ago, but they resurfaced last week, with claims that an announcement was scheduled for Wednesday.

    Barça have now confirmed that Aguero will make a statement on Wednesday.

    A short press release reads: “We inform you that Wednesday 15 December at 12:00 [CET] at the Camp Nou facilities, Sergio ‘Kun’ Aguero will appear to explain his future.

    The event will also see the participation of Joan Laporta, president of FC Barcelona and player of the first team.

    Related articles

    Comments

    Leave a Reply

    Share article

    Latest articles