An Italian court ruled illegal the decision to ban Eintracht fans from attending the Champions League second leg against Napoli on Wednesday.
Last month’s first match, a 2-0 victory for Napoli, was marred by clashes between the two groups of supporters.
Italy’s interior ministry subsequently issued an injunction barring Serie A leaders from selling tickets to visiting fans for Wednesday’s meeting at the Diego Armando Maradona Stadium.
Eintracht has vowed to fight the measure and has now secured its repeal, though Italian authorities are expected to file their own appeal.
Eintracht’s statement, released on Saturday, said: “The competent administrative court granted Eintracht Frankfurt’s request for a temporary injunction this Saturday afternoon.
“Accordingly, the ban on the sale of tickets to persons residing in Germany, which was imposed on Napoli for the second leg of the 1/8 finals of the Champions League on Wednesday, March 15, was declared illegal.
“For now, Serie A leaders will have to provide Eintracht Frankfurt with a total of 2,700 away tickets.
“Nevertheless, it is to be expected that the Prefecture of Naples will appeal against this decision of the administrative court, which will be decided on Monday or Tuesday next week.”
Eintracht board member Philippe Reschke told the club’s website: “This is a great satisfaction, a milestone that was also unexpected for our Italian lawyers.
“We have to reorganize everything that we and many others have had to cancel in the past few days to keep the game going.”
Das zuständige Verwaltungsgericht hat dem Antrag von Eintracht Frankfurt auf Erlass einer einstweiligen Verfügung stattgegeben. Demnach wurde das Verkaufsverbot von Eintrittskarten an Menschen mit Wohnsitz in Deutschland für rechtswidrig erklärt.
— Eintracht Frankfurt (@Eintracht) March 11, 2023